Eating a banana at night is good for weight loss, as it:
- has only a few calories
- can satisfy your sweet tooth
- controls hunger
- prevents late night cravings for fattening food
- promotes a good night’s sleep
Eating a banana at night won’t make you fat
Eating a banana late at night won’t make you gain weight, as it’s low in calories. A small banana has only 90 calories. Even eating 2 bananas at night won’t make you gain weight, as they contain fewer than 200 calories.
Actually, eating a banana before bed is good for you. It’s much healthier than other popular snacks.
A banana before bed prevents night snacking
Banana is a great late night snack because it’s a low-calorie, super filling food. A banana at night can keep us full for a couple of hours before going to bed. Banana is about 75% water, and it’s an excellent dietary source of fiber.
A diet high in fiber reduces the risk of obesity. It delays digestion and expands in the stomach, taking a lot of space.
How to eat banana at dinner for weight loss?
The combination of fiber and protein has a much higher satiety effect, though.
As banana is low in protein, you should eat it with protein-rich for dinner. One of the richest foods in protein that tastes great with banana is Greek yogurt. In fact, plain yogurt is an excellent night snack for weight loss.
Moreover, you can drink cow’s or vegan milk with a banana before bed. They’re great protein sources. Soy milk in particular.
Additionally, you can eat a banana late at night, as a sweet snack or a dessert. Banana has some sugar. It can satisfy your sweet tooth before bed. You could add some honey or, even better, a sugar-free berry jam.
Not consuming sweets before bed is vital if you follow a diet plan for weight loss. They can make you fat, as they’re particularly high in sugar, fat, and calories.
15 easy banana-based recipes for dinner for a lean body!
Above all, try to incorporate nutritious foods to your favorite dinner recipe.
Easy Recipe Ideas
- Banana and Yogurt Bowl: Slice a banana and combine it with low-fat yogurt. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a drizzle of honey, or a sugar-free berry jam for added flavor.
- Banana Smoothie: Blend a ripe banana with soy milk, a handful of spinach, and a tablespoon of peanut butter for a nutritious and filling dinner.
- Banana Pancakes: Mash a banana and mix it with eggs and a tablespoon of oat flour. Cook the mixture like regular pancakes and enjoy a healthy, protein-rich, and satisfying dinner.
- Banana and peanut Butter Wrap: Spread peanut butter on a whole wheat tortilla. Place sliced bananas on top. Roll it up and enjoy a quick and easy dinner.
- Banana and Chia Seed Pudding: Mix mashed banana, chia seeds, and your favorite vegan milk. Let it sit in the fridge overnight for a delicious and fiber-rich dinner.
- Grilled Banana Sandwich: Take two slices of whole grain bread and spread almond butter on one side. Place sliced bananas in between. Grill it until golden brown for a warm and comforting dinner.
- Peanut Butter Banana Quesadilla: Spread peanut butter on a tortilla, then layer sliced bananas on one half. Fold the tortilla in half and cook it in a skillet until crispy and golden. Slice it into wedges.
- Banana and Quinoa Salad: Combine cooked quinoa, sliced bananas, diced vegetables, and a light vinaigrette dressing for a refreshing and nutritious dinner salad.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich: Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread. Add sliced bananas and a tablespoon of high-quality berry jam. Grill the sandwich until golden brown.
- Banana and Tuna Salad: Mix canned tuna, sliced bananas, chopped celery, and a tablespoon of Greek yogurt for a unique and protein-rich salad.
- Banana and Avocado Toast: Mash a ripe banana and avocado together, spread it on whole grain toast, and top with a sprinkle of salt for a simple and nutritious dinner.
- Banana and Black Bean Tacos: Mash black beans with mashed bananas, and season with chili powder and cumin. Fill taco shells with the mixture, and add your favorite toppings for a vegetarian dinner option.
- Peanut Butter Banana Rice Bowl: Cook a serving of brown rice. Top it with sliced bananas and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Banana and Shrimp Skewers: Alternate skewered shrimp and sliced bananas, brush them with a mixture of lime juice and honey, and grill them for a delightful and protein-packed dinner dish.
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl: Blend frozen bananas, a tablespoon of peanut butter, almond milk, and a handful of spinach until smooth. Pour the smoothie into a bowl. Top it with sliced bananas, granola, and a sprinkle of chia seeds for a nutritious and refreshing dinner option.
Firstly, just remember that ripe bananas are much sweetener than green bananas.
In fact, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before bed is a great dinner option for weight loss when prepared with reasonable amounts of high-quality ingredients.
Consuming rice at dinner won’t make you gain weight. On the contrary, rice is a comforting, super-filling food, which supports a good night’s sleep and weight loss.
You can use chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flax seeds in many banana recipes. They’re good dietary sources of fiber and protein. But, above all, they’re among the richest foods in omega-3s. Omega-3s fight chronic low-grade inflammation, which can cause obesity and many diseases. Also, omega-3s are beneficial for building muscle mass!
Last, but not least, sprinkling cinnamon to carbohydrate-rich foods is good for weight loss because it regulates postprandial blood glucose levels!
Can eating a banana at night make you fat?
Eating a banana before bed, as part of a well-balanced diet, won’t make you fat. We have to consume more calories than we burn to gain weight.
Eating fruits is good for weight loss. In fact, the American Heart Association recommends consuming at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
However, you should avoid consuming dehydrated banana chips while dieting. They’re particularly high in sugar and calories. As a rule of thumb, you should eat a medium banana before bed for a lean body.
Banana may increase serotonin, which reduces hunger!
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that may improve mood and sleep. Also, it’s good for weight loss, as it regulates appetite.
Bananas contain high amounts of tryptophan and other compounds that are necessary for the synthesis of serotonin. Hence, eating a banana at night might help you sleep better, improve mood, and control hunger.
Eating a banana before bed helps you sleep better at night
Furthermore, banana contains decent amounts of melatonin. Melatonin is known as the sleep hormone. It’s the internal clock of the body. Eating foods high in melatonin before bed promotes a good night’s sleep.
In addition, melatonin has unique health benefits. For instance, melatonin boosts the immune system, has anti-cancer effects, and acts as a powerful anti-aging agent. It also supports weight loss.
Moreover, banana is a good dietary source of magnesium, which relaxes the muscles. Magnesium may improve sleep onset latency, early morning awakening, snoring, and sleep duration!